Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Now Entering the Field - Number 90 - Hunter Baxter

Hunter is now an official football player, number 90 for the Payson Green Lions and boy am I proud of him.

I'm not just saying this because I'm his mom but he's really good and even better he LOVES it. Hunter started football by going to NXT Football Camp in July. He got to practice with NFL players that included John Beck (he has played for the Miami Dolphins, Baltimore Ravens & Redskins), Harvey Unga (plays for the Chicago Bears), Chad Lewis (has played for the Eagles & the Rams) and many more players that can be found here http://www.nxtlevelfootballcamp.com/?page_id=8.

And then he started playing 8th grade football. Whahoo! Hunter plays lineman and is an X man (he weighs more than 140lbs, he's proud). Because he's a big boy he is not able to carry the ball but that's fine with him, he's great at what he does. So far, they have had 3 games. The first game they won 25-0 that's right 25 to 0! They lost the second one, its ok though we expect them to win against Springville later and the third one was last night, sadly they lost 6-0. But man, it was a good game.

Football keeps us all VERY busy and with Hailee starting cheer I might lose my mind. What keeps me going??? A comment from my Hunter telling me "Mom, I think I've found my sport", this comment melted my heart and told me this crazy busy is so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment